STAND BY ME





When hunger like a snake bites me
Please give me a helping hand so I can resist the venom
If death, like a police arrest me by night,
Would you stand by the day to bail me?
When troubles like dirt stains me
Would you, like a detergent cleanse me?
If anger like shame wear me day by night
Wouldn’t you cheer me once more like a smile?
When sickness like a trumpet sound in my body
Would you, like an ear muffs prevent its noise?
If by ignorance, thunder wonders about
Wouldn’t you pray its trap never squeeze us apart?

Whenever shivers like fever arrest me
I need from you, a blanket to keep me warm
When my strength like a dead man debase
Don’t hold anything back than ask for your face
If like gossips, hopelessness sings song in my name
I shall pray before evening my prowess, I will regain
When like a clock my pendulum refuses to swing
I won’t wait before long I get back on my feet

No comments:

JohnwextPreccio.blogspot.com.ng. Powered by Blogger.