SINCE YOUR WERE GONE





Now, since you were gone
My heart was perforated like a thong
In silence by day, I was wailing like a gong
By night, I would breath emptiness
Of a truth, in tears I am mourning your absence
Not for missing you, but for hurting me
You deceived me to have loved you
Having cling to you for a soul-food
Our love, you let go without my notice
You broke my happiness into unending pieces

You were to me, a seed I’ve longed to plant
Since I propagated, around you I love to be hanged
After awhile, I watched your trees growing
Beauty became like dew quickly fading
But love is like a river, never stops flowing
And I became like the stubborn Jonah, ever angry
In the big fish’s stomach, ever resting
Wish to be like the Old Testament’s Moses ever hoping
Went to the promise-land, but was denied entry
Now, your fruit is ripe, I couldn’t wait to get them eaten

You were at first, a fresh rose
So fanciful and warm as a new gold
For you, all joys I had, I know
To have lost your love, all fame I had I sold
In all, I would blame you for leaving me alone
Here I am in cold, all day, and your smiles I wish to behold
Hoping with you, I could soar as owl
Come now before my neighbour’s place I go
Pray for me, so you could save my soul

No comments:

JohnwextPreccio.blogspot.com.ng. Powered by Blogger.