INDEBTED TO INSOMNIA





All night long
I had been cajoled by your fake songs
Having being promised amnesty from above
I became indebted to sleeplessness
Conscientiously, I pleaded not guilty to insomnia
Having begged for an unreserved pardon at once
Yet, my garments are torn by self-guilt
But I know, somehow, someone would from nowhere come
All to my rescue, until I am able and strong

At the court of love, I pleaded ignorance
To the Chief-Judge, I applied for an adjournment
But the guns of the laws are hitting me painfully
Like the chisel, it’s piercing my soul
My bones are helplessly waxing all away, defenselessly
By someone from somewhere around,
 I need nothing, but a helping hand
So protective than the shell of an egg

At the gate of hell, I renounce my weaknesses
To the gatekeeper, I craved for a leave
Unto the Chief-Executioner, he had referred me
From the dark, a hand was stretched out
And a voice from nowhere echoed faintly
That voice, like a melody sounds like an angel’s

No comments:

JohnwextPreccio.blogspot.com.ng. Powered by Blogger.